Welcome to the Beginner's Guide in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
A fantastic place to start when you're new to the sport, of if you're looking to refresh or review your knowledge of fundamental moves and techniques used in BJJ.
Why I made this course?
When I first started teaching Jiu Jitsu, I realised that study time and repetition range wasn't always sufficient for students to retain their knowledge of various submissions and escapes. I also understood that there were common questions and concerns that the students would address when booking in for private sessions.
I decided to create a guide where you could not only review the techniques taught in the fundamentals program, but also to learn more about the gentle art itself - its history, rules and ethos.
With 76 video clips, explanatory notes and quizzes, this course is a great treat for all beginner and more advanced students alike!
This BJJ course is as good in detail as it is in video quality. The instructions within each video are incredibly clear and concise. Wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this online program to anyone who’s interested in Jiu Jitsu.
Great details that are often missed in classes for beginners and serve as a useful reminder to those who have been training a while.
- Introduction to the Guard (0:54)
- Introduction to the Closed Guard (0:52)
- Cross Collar Choke (2:28)
- Cross Collar Choke Using Hand Over Grip (1:10)
- Cross Collar Choke with Same Side Grip (0:50)
- Armbar from the Closed Guard (2:13)
- Kimura from the Closed Guard (1:55)
- Hip Bump Sweep (0:45)
- Hip Bump Sweep with a Palm Post (0:38)
- Hip Bump Sweep with Sleeve Grip (0:28)
- Scissor Sweep (1:18)
- Scissor Sweep Pushing the Knee (0:37)
- Closed Guard Top - Establishing Base (2:08)
- Passing Closed Guard from Seated (3:14)
- Passing Closed Guard Standing (3:08)
- Passing Closed Guard with Neck Pressure (1:24)
- Side Control (0:08)
- Establishing the Top Position (2:27)
- Excluding the Closest Elbow (2:26)
- Knee on Belly Transitions to Mount (1:54)
- Leg Over Transition to Mount (1:02)
- Foot Grab Transition to Mount (0:43)
- Paper Cutter Choke (0:44)
- Americana Lock (1:21)
- Straight Armbar from Americana Defense (0:20)
- Kimura Shoulder Lock (2:53)
- Step Over Armbar (1:38)
- Taking the Back (1:17)
- Grip Breaks from Armbar Defense (2:52)
- Side Control Snake Escape (2:57)
- Side Control Underhook Escape (3:03)
- Back Mount (2:01)
- Rear Naked Choke (1:52)
- Gable Grip Choke (0:58)
- Cross Lapel Choke (1:24)
- Bow and Arrow Choke (1:34)
- Foot Lock Threat (0:53)
- Back Escapes Introduction (0:22)
- Back Escapes with Chocking Hand Down (2:28)
- Back Escapes with Choking Hand on Top (1:21)
- Back Escape when Partner Locks a Leg Triangle (1:13)
- Half Guard Bottom Introduction (2:09)
- Sweep Scooping the Knee (2:37)
- Half Guard Bottom Taking the Back (1:19)
- Helicopter Sweep (2:21)
- Bridge Sweep when Pinned Down (1:36)
- Faking Bridge Sweep to Create Space (0:49)
- Taking Opponent back into the Closed Guard (0:45)
- Half Guard Top (0:09)
- Half Guard Top Lapel Control Pass (2:59)
- Half Guard Top Lapel Control Pass with Low Hips (1:36)